Monday, February 6, 2012

Being a Woman of Virtue and So Much More.


My last post was about Husbands/Fathers standing up and taking the lead in their family.  The next topic in this three part series is asking the question, “What are you hearing in the Christian world today?” Is it what I am seeing all over the web?  We did a series about Proverbs 31 along with twelve other women, but I have also seen post after post and blog after blog dedicated to this idea of the Proverbs 31 woman and her virtues.

What is this idea focusing on?  Basically, the same thing we talked about with the men - roles.  Proverbs 31 focuses on the roles that a woman plays in her household. 
jsh2415c
Wow!  What do you think God is trying to get across to us.  Maybe that we need to return to the roles His word has planned for us.  We have tried to redefine those roles and even Christians fell into these redefined roles.  Take a look around at our society.  These redefined roles are not working, in fact they are destroying our nation.  You can read all about those roles if you visit our series and look in on what the other bloggers had to say as well.

I know men are not reading this blog so I didn’t write the last post for them.   I wrote it for us.  To remind us that if we want our husbands to be the leaders in our homes then the change needs to start with us.  We need to give that lead back to them. 

Many years ago, the Lord pointed this out to me.  My husband was a good man but he was not a strong leader.  Every decision about the kids and the home and many other things, I made.  Once I realized this was stressing me out and God pointed out it was wrong, I began to take the problems to my husband and give them to him and ask him what we should do.  Of course I didn’t always like his choices and I questioned God at times, but I just bit my lip and pressed on.  Today, my husband is a strong and courageous man that I think could handle anything that God sent his way.  I am so proud of who he has become.  It all started the day I let go of the control and placed it in his hands. 

You may think there are things you are wiser about and that you should continue to make final decisions on but, trust God’s design.  His will is perfect and it is his will that your husband lead your home.  Can you give your opinion and suggestion? You bet, they need that?  But you have to trust God will honor your obedience and give your husband wisdom. Proverbs 3:5-6 says “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all of your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight.

As for us, it seems the message is that we need to turn our attention back home.  We need our focus to turn to our husband’s needs first, our children’s needs and then to making a home that is welcoming and warm for your family to be in.  Can you work and do all of this?  Yes and no.  Go on over to this post and see what Proverbs 31 has to say about that and how to seek God’s will on this one. 
Jeannie

1 comment:

  1. This is such a timely post for me! I was just talking to my son about how we need to start treating Daddy like "The king of the house", and I was thinking that how if someone else heard me say that they might think I'm crazy!

    But God's really been putting it on my heart to get back to the basics in my role as a lover, nurturer and planner in my home. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete