Are you asking the question “Should I get a job away from home?” or the question “Should I quit my job and go home?”
In my post called What is your History?
I encouraged you to dig in your mind back to events or changes in your life that you know for sure that you were or were not in God’s will. Then write some of the details surrounding those times out. I encourage you to do this.
I love to journal my prayers and in times when I just can’t tell where God’s will for me is. I like to start journaling out my questions to God in prayer form. So many times, right then or later, I will hear his answer.
If you and your husband are asking either of the questions I asked at the start of this post, then here are a few other questions to add.
To Go To Work To Come Home
- Can we do without or is this a need ?
- Is the need a real need or a want?
- How much do we need?
- Is the need financial or something else?
- Is there another way to fulfill that need?
- What does my husband say? Remember God gives him wisdom as the head of your home.
- What is the real reason I am being drawn one way or another?
- Where is my peace? Our God is a god of peace not anxiousness or worry. Stay way from the path of anxiousness and worry.
Give yourself some real time to journal and listen. Have your Bible handy in case the Lord gives you a verse or passage to read.
As you can see from our earlier posts. The Bible does not definitely answer the question “Should/Can women work outside the home?” But it does tell us the other things, as wives and mothers we are to do. If getting a job or giving one up make us neglect these responsibilities or our relationship with the Lord. Then we really need to reconsider the path that we are on.
I pray that these tools will help you find the path that is God’s will for your life.
13 Bloggers, 13 topics, one Great God.
A series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.
- Using Skills to Contribute to Family/2 better than 1
- The Fear of the Lord/ Satisfied by Love
- Using time wisely/Blessed Beyond Measure
- Taking care of needy/ Shadow Wonder
- Using money wisely/Jennifer Sikora
- Keeping an eye on home/Just a Glimpse
- She can laugh at the days ahead/ Faith Filled Food for Moms
- Clothed in strength and dignity/One thing I’ve Learned
- Taking care of others/ 2 savvy gals
- Being Creative/A Patchwork Mommy
- Bringing Variety to Family/ Karen Dawkins
- Extending your Hand to the Poor/ Women’s Fellowship House
- Organization/Teaching what is Good
Hope you all enjoy!! Feel free to explore the blogs. We have some very talented women participating.