Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 1 the Series of Proverbs 31

For the next 10 days I am going to be writing about using your skills to contribute to your family.  There are many things that you can do, and we will look at many of those.  


First, I would like to start with a Prayer.  
Dear Lord, With the sword of the spirit, your word, I take these words to the readers and pray that they will be blessed beyond anything that I could imagine.  Lord I pray that you would bless is all indeed!  I pray that you would enlarge our territories of thinking. Please open our minds to your truth, open our gift and abilities that we will be more effective for you.  Lord, I pray that you would keep you hand upon each and every blogger and reader.  Guide us as we write and read.  Lord in Jesus name I pray that you will keep each of us away from evil.  Please protect our writings and our minds from the schemes of the devil, let only your pure truth be written and read by all.  In Jesus name Amen.


When I think of contributing to the family, money comes to mind first.  I, like most women, have struggled with the question, do I work or stay home?  For me this has never been just black and white.  I love being with my kids (most of the time) and I love to be busy and creative.  I have always been an entrepreneur at heart.  Another thing that clouds the issue is that there have been points in our lives that I had to make money to cover the bills.  


Whenever I have a struggle with anything I eventually turn to the Bible.  This should be the first thing I do but, you know.  So I started looking in the Bible for answers to the questions,
    • Are women supposed to work?
    • Do I need to contribute income?
    • Did women in the Bible contribute to their households?
    • What is a woman’s role in the income department?
I did find answers.  Some of them are not cut and dry but they are steering me into the right direction, I think. Other answers are very clear and reassuring.  These are the things we will explore over the next 10 days, these and all of the other ways you can use your skills to contribute to your home and family. 
I really encourage you to participate in the posts by letting me know your struggles and victories.  Also,  look below for all of the other bloggers that are contributing to the 10 days of Proverbs 31 series.
These are all very talented ladies and have great things to say.  Hope you enjoy all of their postings.
Photobucket
Jeannie


 13 Bloggers, 13 topics, one Great God.
A series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.











Hope you all enjoy!! Feel free to explore the blogs. We have some very talented women participating.

4 comments:

  1. Praying with you, for us all. May God teach us what he needs us to learn right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good question to be asking: what does the bible say about women helping to meet the needs of a family. We have many people all over the board on this question but it really doesn't matter what *I* think...it's all about what GOD thinks. And the creativity He gives to carry out what He calls us to.

    Really looking forward to what shares through you in this series, Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete