First, I would like to start with a Prayer.
Dear Lord, With the sword of the spirit, your word, I take these words to the readers and pray that they will be blessed beyond anything that I could imagine. Lord I pray that you would bless is all indeed! I pray that you would enlarge our territories of thinking. Please open our minds to your truth, open our gift and abilities that we will be more effective for you. Lord, I pray that you would keep you hand upon each and every blogger and reader. Guide us as we write and read. Lord in Jesus name I pray that you will keep each of us away from evil. Please protect our writings and our minds from the schemes of the devil, let only your pure truth be written and read by all. In Jesus name Amen.
When I think of contributing to the family, money comes to mind first. I, like most women, have struggled with the question, do I work or stay home? For me this has never been just black and white. I love being with my kids (most of the time) and I love to be busy and creative. I have always been an entrepreneur at heart. Another thing that clouds the issue is that there have been points in our lives that I had to make money to cover the bills.
Whenever I have a struggle with anything I eventually turn to the Bible. This should be the first thing I do but, you know. So I started looking in the Bible for answers to the questions,
- Are women supposed to work?
- Do I need to contribute income?
- Did women in the Bible contribute to their households?
- What is a woman’s role in the income department?
I really encourage you to participate in the posts by letting me know your struggles and victories. Also, look below for all of the other bloggers that are contributing to the 10 days of Proverbs 31 series.
These are all very talented ladies and have great things to say. Hope you enjoy all of their postings.
13 Bloggers, 13 topics, one Great God.
A series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.
- Using Skills to Contribute to Family/2 better than 1
- The Fear of the Lord/ Satisfied by Love
- Using time wisely/Blessed Beyond Measure
- Taking care of needy/ Shadow Wonder
- Using money wisely/Jennifer Sikora
- Keeping an eye on home/Just a Glimpse
- She can laugh at the days ahead/ Faith Filled Food for Moms
- Clothed in strength and dignity/One thing I’ve Learned
- Taking care of others/ 2 savvy gals
- Being Creative/A Patchwork Mommy
- Bringing Variety to Family/ Karen Dawkins
- Extending your Hand to the Poor/ Women’s Fellowship House
- Organization/Teaching what is Good
Hope you all enjoy!! Feel free to explore the blogs. We have some very talented women participating.