This is our final day of this wonderful series. I say wonderful, not to puff up my blog but to puff up God’s work in each of the blogs that have participated in this series. I hope that you were blessed. If you have not looked around at the different blogs I really encourage you to do that.
The thing I want you to pull from the series that I blogged about, using your skills to contribute to your household, is that you are full of all of the skills that it takes to do all that your household needs.
Every woman is equipt with all of the skills the Proverbs 31 woman possessed. Our great loving God would not have put unattainable skills in front of us. He is a gracious God that knows that we aren’t born with them but that we can grow into them.
As new wives and new moms we are unpolished gems. After, a few years of rubbing (your eyes for lack of sleep), Buffing (the stuck on food from dirty dishes) and polishing (not your fingernails any more), you come out as beautiful as that ruby that is talked about in Proverbs 31:10.
Really what the Lord is looking for is the willing heart. If we are seeking to become like the Proverbs 31 woman then He will bless us and our families for our efforts. Then over time and with the continued willing heart. We will be just like the P31 woman. Check out the blessings we will receive:
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Good enough for me! I’m willing Lord. Take this willing heart and perfect me. I love you Lord!
13 Bloggers, 13 topics, one Great God.
A series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.
- Using Skills to Contribute to Family/2 better than 1
- The Fear of the Lord/ Satisfied by Love
- Using time wisely/Blessed Beyond Measure
- Taking care of needy/ Shadow Wonder
- Using money wisely/Jennifer Sikora
- Keeping an eye on home/Just a Glimpse
- She can laugh at the days ahead/ Faith Filled Food for Moms
- Clothed in strength and dignity/One thing I’ve Learned
- Taking care of others/ 2 savvy gals
- Being Creative/A Patchwork Mommy
- Bringing Variety to Family/ Karen Dawkins
- Extending your Hand to the Poor/ Women’s Fellowship House
- Organization/Teaching what is Good