Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 5- A series on Proverbs 31

17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.18 She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
Are you contemplating working outside the home? Are you and your husband faced with this tough decision? Finding a way to help with income while staying home with the family is the best option, for the noble wife did just this.... but for those that need to look at alternatives, I pray that God answers your questions and gives you peace in your decision...  
The bible nowhere forbids а woman from working оutѕidе the home. However, the Bible does teach us what a woman’s priorities should be. If a Christian woman can work outside the home and still provide a loving environment for her children and husband, then it is perfectly acceptable for her to work оutѕidе the home. However, vice versa… if she ignores her family and takes pride in only her work... her priorities have been obscured.  If you and your husband are contemplating you working outside the home, I recommend that you ask yourself these questions first. (please note, I found these questions somewhere online and I wish I could remember where so that I can give credit where credit is due)

·    What is my primary responsibility as a wife? What does your husband want? Does he want you to work outside the home and help with finances? Or does he want your support at home?

·    What is my reason for working outside of the home? Is this for personal reasons such as pride? Self - worth? or is it to meet a need?

·    What stage of life am I in? Do you have a newborn at home or are all your children school age? Maybe they are in college?
·    What is my energy level? Balancing working outside the home all the while keeping the priority of the home and family requires high energy levels.
·    Will this create unnecessary temptation?
Currently, I work outside the home. My husband and I have chosen this for several reasons. The decision to work outside the home was a tough decision for us and sometimes I miss being home. However, I am at peace with this feeling of "missing being at home", as to me it means that I  still understand and know what my priorities are. That doesn't mean I don't love my job. I love the line a work I am in, however, the joy that I find in raising my kids far succeeds any job.


Melissa


 13 Bloggers, 13 topics, one Great God.
A series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.











Hope you all enjoy!! Feel free to explore the blogs. We have some very talented women participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment