The Theme of our blogs topic again is: Using your skills to contribute to your home and family. All throughout Proverbs 31:10-31 we see her using her skills to contribute to her home and family.
- She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
- She is like a merchant ship bring her food from afar.
- She considers a field and buys it; out of here earnings she plants a vineyard.
- She sets about her work vigorously;her arms are strong for her task.
- She sees that her trading is profitable.
- In her hands she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
- She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
- She has no fear for her household for all of them are dressed in scarlet.
- She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
- She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
- She is clothed with strength and dignity.
- She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
- She watches over the affairs of her household.
- She does not eat the bread of idleness.
When we bless others especially the poor and needy as the Bible instructs us to, we are bringing in the lessons of doing these things, to our children and the joy of experiencing being a blessing to others. (If you look at the list below you can read what other bloggers are saying about this topic.)
Another example that you may wonder about is watching over the affairs of her household. When we are aware of all that is going on in our homes and with our children we are contributing peace and righteousness to them. Mothers who are not aware of what is going on with there children are often times shocked by what their children have become.
The parents of the children who shoot up their schools seem to always say they “didn’t see it coming”. I suppose that could be, but really. If you are in constant communication (I don’t mean texting) face to face with your children you can sense things that may not be right. For more on that topic check below. One of the bloggers is focusing on that.
If you are a wife and/or mom that is feeling like you aren’t important or that what you do is not important. Realize that every word you say, every coupon you clip, every meal that you create, every person that you hug, every time you are creative, every budget you plan, every menu you plan, every time you extend your hand, every time you peek in on your kids and most importantly every prayer that you pray is using your skills to contribute to your home. You are a blessing to them, and one day they will one day rise up and call you blessed.
Many women do noble things
but you surpass them all.Proverbs 31:29