Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods

We just returned a few days ago from our annual trip to see our families.  It is always so great to see everyone but boy is it tiring.  Here are a few highlights.
IMG_0887IMG_0890
14 hours in the van.  6 People, presents, pillows and snacks.  Our kids are such troopers.
IMG_0879
First stop Grandpa’s and then Uncle Randy and His new bride.  Hop in the car drive after a night at a hotel and drive another 3 hours.  We spent that night with some close family friends in their new house.  Forgot to take the camera in Sad smile.  Also forgot the camera at my husband Mike’s dad’s house the next day. Christmas eve we drove 2 more hours to my mom’s and wrapped till midnight.  Anyone else up with us that night?
IMG_0899
Christmas morning bright and early.  Made sure we had the camera today.  I have some great morning shots of the teenagers but I might get strangled for showing those and there is no way you will see the ones of me that morning.  We were able to stay at my mom’s for 5 days it was so nice.  I sure do miss her.  I helped her start a blog, you can check it out here
IMG_0911
Next we drove 2 and a half hours to my brothers.  Here are some of the kids watching RV at his house.
IMG_0915
New Year’s eve we went bowling with my dad and brother and his family.  You see Isabella in the yellow pouting.  The trip was getting to her.  That night we spent New Year’s eve with our friends and Jacob threw up and we went back to my brother’s house for the night. 
New Year’s day we drove home.  The weather was decent so we made it home in just 11 hours...yeah!! 
All in all it was a great trip.  We loved seeing everyone. But it is nice to be home and sleep in our own beds.
Hope you all had a Great Christmas and New Year’s

Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment