Now I am going to turn to Proverbs 31, you know that part of the Bible we are looking at these 10 days. Sorry I got side-tracked.
The verse that popped out to me was Proverbs 31:16. “She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.”
It is pretty obvious that the Proverbs 31 woman contributes in many ways to her household. After reading this verse the thought that was impressed on me was that out of her earnings- so her take home pay. She reinvests that money into her household.
In our society we can get wrapped up in “needing” so many things. I mean if you go to any In home parties, you know what I’m talking about. You need to have that hamburger cooking utensil from Pampered Chef. Am I right.
Many women I have come across work so that they can have a great wardrobe or to remodel there kitchen.
If we are working away from the home we take a little bit away (us) when we are gone, so what we do with that money needs to be carefully considered. When we use wisdom we will be blessed. You see later in Proverbs 31 that “she is clothed in fine linen and purple”. These materials were associated with nobility. God may see fit to bless us in a way other than material but we will feel his blessing. We can also seek to be clothed as nobility by our Heavenly Father. When you are a child of God seeking his will you are the daughter of a King. The King of kings.
Seek you first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all of these things will be given to you. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
13 Bloggers, 13 topics, one Great God.
A series on the different aspects of Proverbs 31. Here is a list of the bloggers and their topics.
- Using Skills to Contribute to Family/2 better than 1
- The Fear of the Lord/ Satisfied by Love
- Using time wisely/Blessed Beyond Measure
- Taking care of needy/ Shadow Wonder
- Using money wisely/Jennifer Sikora
- Keeping an eye on home/Just a Glimpse
- She can laugh at the days ahead/ Faith Filled Food for Moms
- Clothed in strength and dignity/One thing I’ve Learned
- Taking care of others/ 2 savvy gals
- Being Creative/A Patchwork Mommy
- Bringing Variety to Family/ Karen Dawkins
- Extending your Hand to the Poor/ Women’s Fellowship House
- Organization/Teaching what is Good
Hope you all enjoy!! Feel free to explore the blogs. We have some very talented women participating.