Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Living a life of excellence that fits you- Freedom

  The freedom I am speaking of is the freedom to live without a place for everything. Total disarray is not the way I want our home to be, but I just can’t seem to have a place for everything. I have friends whose homes are organized and lovely, yet they are not stressed out like I get when I try for this. I suppose it is in the very core of who they are, to have the ability and the need to have their homes in this order. I on the other hand, have tried for 20 years to achieve this with no success.


  organization bad        Good organization
  I found these pictures and I thought that they displayed the way I feel about organization in my life.  When I am trying to be the “on top of it all” woman I feel like the picture on the left.  Actually it feels like everything is on top of me.  When I am an organized me, I feel more like the picture on the right.  Like the world is just flowing around me.

  I finally found peace in realizing that the reason perfect organization doesn’t come easy for me is because it is not how God wired me. The best thing I can gain from this wisdom is that it is OK for me not to be this way. It is not a defect, as my mom’s friend used to say “God don’t make no junk”. It takes all different types of people to form the body of Christ.  I Corinthians 12:17 says “If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.”

  Verse 22 says- … those parts of the body that seem weaker are indispensable…  So, the way I am or you are, is not a defect, we are actually made to be an indispensable part of the body of believers. Somebody has to make things fun, right!

 
I don’t want to sound like some sort of rebel when I say that my house is not labeled and systematically organized. We do have order in our home, there is not a place for everything and yet everything is not Doing laundryout of place. Wrap your mind around that sentence. I don’t have piles all over, or undone dishes and laundry dumped here and there. We have found a happy balance somewhere between pigsty and perfection.
 This is more like me!     42-15556180        Not like me!
                                                    And that is OK!



 We need to be able to find things, we need clean unwrinkled clothes and a healthy kitchen. But in our house we have our own way of achieving all of that.

I will have a little more on that same topic in the next post. See you in a day or two.


Check out the rest of the series Living a life of Excellence that fits you Here

  Jeannie
                                                             










3 comments:

  1. I agree--you have to find what makes sense to you and not worry about it! I'm an "everything in it's place" kind of girl, while my husband is an "it's fine here" kind of guy. Needless to say, I've learned to bend a little bit. It's been a good lesson for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy Jeannie, there is such a balance between orderly and chaotic - and sometimes it is called flexibility! Now, I can get lazy in my flexibility (and often do) and then I morph into chaos, but I will never be an Olga Organized. I do try and learn from her and fit those lessons into my own brand of organization.

    Thanks for linking this post up this week!

    ReplyDelete