Friday, October 19, 2012

Living a life of excellence that fits you, young moms


baby bumpToday young moms have such a stressful job.  There are so many choices before you, and so much guilt associated with each choice.




In the past a woman would have her first child and she would automatically know her roles and responsibilities.  Her responsibility was to keep her Young Family kissing babychild clean, feed, and loved.  Her role was simply to be a wife and mom.







Today, there are all sorts of roles a woman can have,  some woman like to have many roles at one time.  Today, you must choose whether to work outside of the home or not.  Then if you do choose to do that, you have pressure from yourself and others to be home with your child, so you carry guilt.  If you mom and babychoose not to work outside of the home, you may have pressure from yourself and others to bring in an income, so you carry guilt.



As far as your responsibilities are concerned, even the formerly simple task of feeding your child has become a source of guilt and stress.  All of the food choices, do you make your own baby food, do you go organic, is my child going to have allergies?   Even diapers are guilt ridden, do you go with cloth or disposable and if so which kind.

Oh ladies, Stop- stop listening to all of the voices around you, especially the one that tells you to keep up with the Jones’.  You only have three voices that matter,
  • First, God’s voice what does he want for you and your family.
  • Your husbands-pray first and ask God to speak wisdom through him (this works even if he is not a believer yet).
  • Last but definitely not least, is the one inside of you, your instincts are usually right for your family, but again PRAY to hear correctly.
I recommend that you listen in that order as well.


Look what is thisOnce you eliminate some of the other voices and become content with the choices that you make through the guidance of the process above, then you will find peace and you will know your roles and responsibilities , leaving you with the ability to focus on taking care of your family.  Not on how to do it, just doing it.


Check out the rest of the series Living a life of Excellence that fits you Here


Jeannie

3 comments:

  1. This is great! My husband and I are expecting our first child in March. This is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. I am a twenty six year old mom of a four year old little man and it is so hard to ignore all the voices that tell me what I SHOULD be doing. Recently, God is showing me that I just need to listen to His voice and submit to my husband in decisions that are not so "black and white". It has definitely given me more confidence in my motherhood and a peace within my heart.

    http://www.domesticblissdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you so much for this post. Many of my extended family still can not understand why I decided to stay home with my son. I have many, many years of college (M.S. and into a Ph.D). Now we scrap by on my husbands, not so great, salary. But, I am where I feel like I need to be and we are happy. Yes, sometimes stressed, but I would not change my "career" for the world!
    Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library.

    ReplyDelete