Friday, October 28, 2011

Homemade Waffles



IMG_0561

We have been making these waffles in our house for years.  You know really you have to mix up waffle and pancake mix anyway, why not just make it homemade.
I love making things homemade because then we always have the supplies on hand.  Even if you don’t have pancake mix in the pantry you always have flour, milk and those other basics.
IMG_0560
Here is the recipe I use.  This makes quite a bit but it keeps well in the fridge for a few days later or you can cook all of them and then package them and freeze them for next week.
1 3/4 cup flour- you can use any amount of wheat here.
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
2 Eggs
1 3/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup Veg. Oil
1 Teaspoon vanilla
Just mix together the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients to it and mix very well until all incorporated.
You can add mini chocolate chips to the mix after you pour the batter onto the iron before you put the top down.  Have fun with other add ins and toppings.
Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recipe Jeanie! My family loves homemade waffles. I will be sure to try this one out! I too like to make big batches and throw it in the fridge. It keeps very well. Also, I think I have told you this before... I used to have that heart waffle maker before and it was our favorite! I wish I could find one like that again. All you find in the stores are Belgian makers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll will try this too! Yours look beautiful. I love the heart shaped waffle maker!

    ReplyDelete