Monday, June 25, 2012

Freezing Strawberries

IMG_1796
We were blessed with beautiful strawberries.  My friend Melissa let us come and pick with her at her Mother-in-law’s giant strawberry patch.  Thank you Melissa and Wendy.
IMG_1794
She gave me a great tip on Freezing them, that is so simple, but I had never thought of it, so I thought I would pass it on to you.  She told me to put them on a cookie sheet and freeze them individually, once frozen you can throw them into a ziplock bag.  I love this it is so great for smoothies and all sorts of things.  You can just pull out a handful instead of thawing the whole big clump.

IMG_1795
Here they are in the ziplock in the freezer.  We froze 3 gallons sized bags that way and we are already down to two. 
Enjoy!!
Jeannie

3 comments:

  1. That is a great tip! I'll have to remember that with all the berry picking yet to come this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    Hope to see you over at my blog sometime for the Carnival of Home Preserving. (Every Friday and carnival stays open until Thursday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fortunate you are to be able to pick wild strawberries. I remember doing that as a kid. Nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete