Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Recipe Storage


I have four ways that I keep my recipes handy.  It seems like there are just so many yummy recipes and you have to keep track of them somehow.  Here are a few of my favorite ways:
  • Inside the kitchen cabinet door- these are some of my most frequently used recipes.
  • Inside a photo album- my mom gave this to me for Christmas one year.  They are all great family recipes. I love it.  Need a Christmas gift idea!
  • In file folders- these are all of the recipes that friends give to me and also recipes that I tear out of magazines.  I have them categorized so that I can find them quickly.
  • In a cabinet of their own- all of the recipe books that I have been given over the years (most of them from my husband should I be offended) are all stored together in a cabinet so that I don’t clutter up my counter top and so that I don’t lose them.
You can see pictures below of all of the ways I store them.
In the kitchen cabinet door:
IMG_0731

In the photo album:
IMG_0734IMG_0732
In the file folders:
IMG_0735IMG_0736
In the recipe book cabinet:
IMG_0737
Hope you find this helpful in organizing you recipes. Of course, I  am a paper person so I like this.  Some of you are more high tech and may prefer a online recipe site.  I find that I don’t have the time or desire to transfer all of my recipes.  You may love that so go for it.
Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. I never thought about using multiple avenues to sort and store recipes. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing with us over at NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very favorites are in the Photo Album that my Mom put together for me and also one for my sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete