Monday, November 7, 2011

Praising the Lord from the Corner!

The other day little Franklin was being naughty and was standing in the corner in our kitchen as punishment.  I don’t remember the reason he was there.  It must have been a minor offenseSmile.  I was talking to my mom on the phone when this happened and started to do some laundry.  From the kitchen corner I heard the sweetest thing.  Franklin was singing at the top of his lungs.  “He came from heaven to earth to show the way.  From the earth to the Cross. From the Cross to the grave.  From the grave to the sky. Lord, I lift Your name on high”.  I just cracked up and held the phone up for my mom to hear. 
IMG_0694
Franklin and his best buddy Max
How wonderful to be in the middle of a punishment and still finding the joy to sing to the Lord.  I need to learn a lesson from this little guy.  We need to continually praise the Lord in all circumstances, not allowing the storms or discipline of life steal our joy.  I Thessalonians 5:17-18 says “Pray continually.  Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment