Monday, December 10, 2012

Eyes in the Back of Your Head


We have all heard and maybe even used the envious eyePhrase “I have eyes in the back of my head”.  We don’t of course, but I know how we can seem like we do. 


For years, I have prayed that God would show me when my kids we getting into something that is wrong so that we can catch it early and nip it in the bud.


MP900430807[1]Since my older kids we little I have always tried to listen to that voice inside of me that prompts me to do something.  Have you ever been in another room from your child and you get the sense that you should check on them?  Do it!  Listen to that voice! 


I can not tell you how many times I have beenimage thankful I listened.  If you check and find nothing, make sure you don’t disregard it the next time.  You never know what you averted that you were unaware of. 


I will refer to the famous Proverbs 31 for guidance in this area.  Proverbs 31:27
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.


This is key:  She watches over the affairs of her household.  We need to be actively looking after what is going on in our homes; what our children are watching, listening to, who they are playing/hanging out with.


MP900438487[1]God even knew what would keep us from doing this all important job.  Eating the bread of idleness.  What is that?  Occupying our minds with other things, examples: TV, the internet, the Phone.  Oh how my mind gets cluttered and totally absorbed when I focus on these things.  I have to be intentional about when I focus my attention on the TV, Internet or the Phone, so that it does not interfere with my watching over the affairs of my household.


What I have learned:  Pray daily, listen and act.  Keeping an ear open to the next room and to that little voice inside.  Take note, I have even had that voice wake me up in the middle of the night for a good reason.  Be ever vigilante.


Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment