I have tried these twice now and we just love them. I found the recipe at Women Living Well. They are apple dumplings made with a secret ingredient that you would never guess in a million years. And is my husbands all time favorite drink.
Mountain Dew! Weird right!
They are also easy as pie, well actually even easier than that.
Look at that bubbling. We had these for breakfast on Thanksgiving for Breakfast.
Cooked and golden brown!
Easy Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 3 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 (10 oz) cans pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls (I used Grands)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (for spinkling)
- 1 (12 oz ) can of Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 350
- Butter a 9×13 dish and set aside
- Peel, core and slice apples
- Unroll crescent rolls
- Take one crescent roll and place one piece of apple at the bottom of the triangle- roll up enclosing the sides. Make sure the apple is completely sealed and enclosed.
- Continue doing this – if your apple slices are small, put a couple in.
- Place your dumplings into your 9×13
- Make your sauce by combining butter, sugars, and vanilla in a saucepan on medium high heat- bring to a slight boil.
- Pour sauce over dumplings.
- Add Mountain Dew to the sides.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake uncovered for 35 mins.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!
Hope you try them. They would be a great dessert or brunch item for Christmas.