I was just about ready to “pin” this recipe on Pinterest but it looked to good to just “pin”.
I love cornbread and love, love, love a great salad. So, there you go, two greats put together.
I found this recipe over at one of my new Favorites
- 3 c. left over cornbread(cut into small pieces)
- 1-15 oz can of kidney beans(rinsed and drained)
- 1-15 oz can of corn(drained)
- 1/4 c. chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 3 c. chopped lettuce
- 1 c. grated cheese
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 tbs. powdered ranch dressing mix
Mix sour cream, milk and ranch powder and set aside. Layer cornbread, beans, corn, onion, tomatoes and lettuce. Top with dressing and sprinkle with cheese.
You can add layers of anything you like, black olives, bacon crumbles or cucumbers.
Head on over to her site to get a great cornbread recipe
I am going to try to make the Salad next week. You try it too and we’ll meet back here and compare notes.