Saturday, March 10, 2012

Taking Care of Yourself- Part 5


Sorry that I have gotten side-tracked.  I have my Homemade moisturizer for you today. 
 IMG_1264
Here are all of the ingredients that I use.  You will see that most of them were also in the eye cream.
This recipe makes 2- 8 oz. bottles.
1 Tablespoon Stearic acid (this is a natural product from plants)
1 Tablespoon +1 teas. Emulsifying Wax
1 1/4 cup Distilled water ( I use my Brita Filter)
5 Tablespoons Jojoba oil
3 Tablespoons Shea Butter
1 Tablespoon Camellia oil (you can combine the amounts of sunflower and camellia and only use one or the other)
1 teaspoon Sunflower oil
2 1/2 teaspoons Glycerin
2 teaspoons of Preservative (refer to the eye cream recipe for the type of preservative and a note)
Follow all of the directions below.
IMG_1266
This is the equipment that I use.  As you can see you should have most of these things in your kitchen.  If you don’t have a hand blender, you can use a regular blender.
IMG_1268
Whoops forgot this one.  But I am sure you have one.  I use this to melt the Shea Butter.
IMG_1269
I melt the Emulsifying Wax and Stearic Acid with the Water in this container in the Microwave.  I also blend all of the ingredients together in here, pour the oils into the water mixture once the waxes are melted.  Add the Glycerin and the Preservative last.  Then blend for 30-60 seconds.  
IMG_1270
These are my clean and sterilized containers.
IMG_1272
You can add fragrance oils if you would like.  Some skin is sensitive to fragrance, be careful.  There are natural scents and fragrance oils.
IMG_1273
Here is the final product.  The lotion is very liquidy at first once it cools completely and sets up it will thicken.  Shake a few times as it cools and thickens. Enjoy!!
Jeannie

1 comment:

  1. How fun, never knew how to do this. Great gift idea for the holiday if I can get myself and the kids organized:) Thanks for sharing on the NOBH

    ReplyDelete