Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I didn’t think I would ever do this again.

IMG_1164
We belong to a small homeschool group at our church and we do projects with our kids.  This last week it was sewing which is not my thing.  But my kids loved it.  I told them we had and sewing machine and they were so shocked, because they had never seen it.  So, I broke it out and we spent an afternoon sewing pillows of all sizes. 
IMG_1183
IMG_1159
Here are two of Isabella’s smaller pillows.  Made just for her American Girl dolls. She even sewed a button onto the front of one.
IMG_1158
And Jacob stuffing his fire pillow.  He was so excited about this fabric.  Just a hint, which many of you have probably figured out, I bought regular pillows for $2.50 each instead of spending almost $6.00 for a bag of stuffing at Wal-Mart.  I did feel a little destructive (tearing up perfectly good pillows) but I was pretty proud of my savvy thinking.
IMG_1162
Here I am with bat boy hand sewing of all things.  You know it wasn’t that bad.  We may even do it again soon.
Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment