Friday, May 25, 2012

Purposeful Parenting


Don’t you love how God puts things together.   A friend of mine told me something last night and then this morning I ran across a verse that confirmed or at least backed it up.

Psalm 1:1

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the council of the wicked, or stands in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of the mockers.

Last night a friend was telling me about a father she knows quite well.  The father has a son that is graduating High School and wants to go into the Marines.  The father told him he would fully support that if he would just wait.  The Father’s thinking is that right now his son is under the headship of godly council, his fathers.  If the son were to sign up for the Marines right now, he feels that he would be under the council of the wicked.  You see the man knows who the boys Commander and Chief would be and what that Commander and Chief, our President stands for.  The morals of the boys new headship would not at all line up with the morals of the father. 

This really made me start to think.  God has been working on me about becoming a more purposeful parent.  Things like what the Man told his son never occur to me.  I probably would never have put that together.  Just like in reading the 5 love languages with our small group.  Some of the things that we have come across have really made me think about what kind of mother I am and what kind of mother God and I want me to become.
image













All of this has made me stop and consider how I am going to parent from now on.  I want to become a more Purposeful Parent.

Jeannie

4 comments:

  1. i just replied to one of your posts on blog frog and found your blog that way..... love your blog, so i'm following :) i loved reading this post especially! thanks for sharing :)

    http://beautyinthechaos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this message on Freedom Fridays. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not considered that point of view, either. There is so much to learn from other parents. I have always been grateful for wise mentors!
    Thanks for sharing at NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an insightful post. That kind of purposeful parenting really causes one to think. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete