Saturday, September 24, 2011

Taking the leap out of the boat.

imagesVery soon now I will be ending my job of doing in home daycare.  I have done this for 14 years.  It had definitely been the thing God wanted me to do and I am thankful for the opportunity, it allowed me to be home with my children and also earn money to help our family.  For the last 6 months or so I have really been feeling like it is time to change what I am doing.  I just kept praying that God would provide a way for me to replace that income.  As the months wore on the job and kids have begun to wear on me.  In my experience this is one of God’s gentle but successful ways of leading us. 
imagesCA302I5R
He will gently nudge, then nudge a little harder and before you know it he is  tipping our boat for us and prying our fingers off of the thing he wants us to change, all the while loving us and telling us it will be o.k. and to trust him.  Mind you the longer we hold on the more painful things can become for us.  I was actually beginning to sink into depression.  Thank you Lord for giving the wisdom not to sink any farther than I had.  I heard Him and talked to my husband (I will tell you his exact response in another post) and here I am just a few weeks from being jobless. 
I have to tell you this is a huge leap of faith in our Provider.  We have our oldest daughter going off to a private Christian college which God was very clear he would provide for(at the time I thought he meant through my job).  Not to mention all of the things that you know come up when you have children.
In the 20 years we have been married I have seen God do some amazing things to provide and I have seen us stretch and grow because of all of it.  I encourage you to seek God for his will in your life and if he asks you to do something, listen  and listen quicker than I did.  God didn’t want me to hurt but he allowed it to get me to move in the direction he knows is best.  I thank him for the pain.  I just need to stop being stubborn and obey.
Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment