Monday, September 26, 2011

My Bacon Solution

I don’t know about all of you but we love the taste of bacon in our house.  We don’t really eat it as a breakfast food so much but we like it in all kinds of things.  We eat it crumbled in things, on top of things and just added into all kinds of things.  I found this:IMG_0629
Sorry about the packaging, I ripped it open before thinking about it.  I just looovvve bacon.  Anyway, I found this at Walmart.  It is Wright Bacon ends and pieces.  It comes in a 3 lb. package for just over $6.  This is so much cheaper than buying the bacon by the pound in the package and this is very good bacon.  I just separate it into smaller ziplock bags and freeze it.
IMG_0630
IMG_0631
Then when we need some bacon I just thaw, cook and crumble.
Jeannie

1 comment:

  1. I would like to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-5-happy-hen.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete