Thursday, September 27, 2012

Better Dryer Sheets


I have discovered a homemade dryer sheet that is the best I have used, even better than store bought.  I have tried many homemade items.  Sometimes they work just as well as store bought, or not as well but worth the money that you save.

This one is even better.  I love it.  I saw it many months ago on a blog.  I really apologize, I don’t remember which one.  I started using this method about 3 weeks ago.  Even Mr. Picky(my husband) loves the results.
IMG_2008
IMG_2009
Here are the ingredients: Fabric softener, water and wash clothes.  I know your thinking well you are still using store bought.  Yes, but it is going 2x as far as before.  What I do is, pour any amount into this container and then use that much water.  So, a 2:1 Ratio.

I then drop a washcloth into the mixture wring it mostly out and throw it into the dryer with the wet clothes.  After, wringing out the cloth my hands have stuff on them so I use a second cloth and wipe them and throw that in as well.  I just keep using the same cloths for several washes.

This method appealed to me because our washer does not have an easy way to figure out when to use softener.  I love the way clothes with liquid softener feel and now I have it with the convenience of the “sheets”.

Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. Good tip! It was fun to see you today. Hope you liked the cookie dough.

    Warmly,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never heard of homemade dryer sheets. I'll have to try that! Blessings to you this week :)

    ReplyDelete