Sunday, September 16, 2012

Armor Up!


This June while we were serving at camp, we were given this prayer.  We were told to pray this prayer every morning before we worked with the kids.  Once we came home we continued to pray this prayer.  We realized that our enemy is always there trying to defeat us.  Whenever I heard someone talk to, my dear friend and Camp director Renae, about their praying 2troubles, she would ask “have you been armoring up?”.  The answer is always no.  




Now, I know that you can not recite words from a page and expect them to protect you, but as you visualize yourself putting on the armor and saying the words, it compels you to live a life full of the life of Christ. sword Saying “May the two-edged sword of Your word be ready in my hands so I can expose the tempting  words of Satan” will give you the desire to seek His word and to have it daily in your life.

 


Going daily to your Heavenly Father and inviting Him to join the battle with you, invites His power, love and strength into our day.
praying
Here it is:
Heavenly Father,  Your warrior prepares for battle. 
Today I claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God!
I put on the Girdle of Truth!
May I stand firm in the truth of Your Word so I will not be a victim of Satan’s lies.
 
I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness!
May it guard my heart from evil so I will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.
 
I put on the Shoes of Peace!
May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through me and be a light to all I encounter.
 
I take the Shield Of Faith!
May I be ready of Satan’s fiery darts of doubt, denial and deceit so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.
 
I put on the Helmet of Salvation!
May I keep my mind focused on You so Satan will not have a stronghold on my thoughts.
 
I take the Sword of the Spirit!
May the two-edged sword of Your Word be ready in my hands so I can expose the tempting words of Satan.
By faith, your warrior has put on the whole armor of God!
I am prepared to live this day in spiritual victory!
AMEN!
 
At the camp you will find this taped to every mirror in the bathrooms.  I encourage all of you to copy and paste this on to a word Doc and taped it to your mirror, to remind you to do it ever morning.  I have mine in my Bible and pray it in the morning during devotions.

God Bless
Jeannie


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this! Thank you for that prayer...it's one I want to reinforce with my own children, as well! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armoring up. What a great way to put it. Love the prayer! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete