Monday, October 31, 2011

So I have fallen off the wagon….

And it is about time I hop back on it. When I went back to work, I promised myself and my family one thing - to keep them my priority.  For one example, I was going to provide the evenings with routine and home cooked meals. Well, over the last month I have failed in that department. I have let my priorities at work, school and our crazy home schedule catch up to me and consume my thoughts and my time.

To be honest, this goes much further than the evening routines.  I haven’t been feeling much like the Proverbs 31 wife much at all, which is something I strive to be.  As a working mother, is it realistic to be this wife of noble character?  There are times when I say YES and I feel like God has prepared me to handle this crazy schedule I have signed up for. Other times, I say NO, it is just too much to for me. 

Today was our first weekend with no plans as a family and I must say the time spent doing nothing (ok, some cleaning was involved) was awesome! I have come to realize this weekend I need to return my attention to my Lord and Savior and my family. I feel a renewed energy as I take on this coming week.  So here I go again, back up on the wagon.

Working outside the home is manageable, after all, the noble wife did look for ways to bring in some income to the home. My source just happens to mean working outside the home. Moving forward I am reminded that it may take some extra effort and some extra planning to provide for my family. But with a renewed faith, I know that God has blessed me and I will do my best to take care of all that God has given me. Read below for an excerpt of the Proverbs 31.

Proverbs 31:15- 18 15“She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. 16 She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. 17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. 18 She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.

Why do I share this with you all? I am hoping that by sharing this with you all and knowing that some of you are working moms just like me, that you have a renewed focus and  are guided to be that Noble wife that we all strive to be. We love our families and we love our God. So, if by all this, it means I have to be that much more committed to meal planning (more to come on that topic) and to be that much more organized with my time, then so be it. I will do this with joy and enthusiasm.

Have a wonderful Week!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment